DP and Marine Assurance Norway AS (Bergen, Norway)
Position: Principal Engineer
- DP FMEAs, annual and proving trials.
04/2013-08/2015 (three years)
DNV GL (former GL NOBLE DENTON) NORWAY, BERGEN
Position: Technical Lead Norway
- DP FMEAs for HV closed bus analysis
- DP FMEAs (Maersk Supply Service, Olympic Shipping)
- DP FMEAs according to DNV-RP-D102: Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- DP FMEA Proving trials (Maersk A, B, L and F class, A2SEA wind installation vessels)
- Annual DP trails (Siem Offshore, Olympic Hercules, WesternGeco, Maersk Drilling, Maersk Supply Service, Subsea 7)
- FMEA Gap Analysis
- CMID surveys
- Research on fuel savings during closed bus-tie DP operations for MODUs and drill ships.
04/2009-04/2013 (four years)
GL NOBLE DENTON (NORWAY, Brevik)
Position: Principal Engineer (Electrical, Instrumentation & Telecom)
1) New build FSO (Martin Linge project), Scope of design: Line diagrams, Load balance, philosophies, PSD/ESD cause and effect diagram, HAZOP.
2) Tanker conversion to FSO (Banyu Urip Project – Mobil Cepu Ltd. & Sembawang Shipyard in Singapore). Scope of design: Paladin® DesignBase™ – Power Analytics – EDSA modelling of Single Line Diagram, Voltage Drop Calculation, Short Circuit Calculations, Transient Stability Study, Motor Starting Report, load schedule, cable trays, arrangements, Earthing Philosophy, etc.
3) Passenger vessel, leading engineer for Electro, Instrumentation and Telecom. Full scope of design for LR class approval. Drawings such as line diagrams, power balance, block diagrams, cable trays arrangement, lighting arrangement, instrumentation and automation, navigation lights and signals arrangements, PAGA/PABX, contact with client and vendors. Tender documentation CTR, MDR.
4) FEED Seismic Vessel (leading engineer for design in Intergraph SmartPlant Electrical).
5) Conversion of Aframax Tankers into Modular Capture Vessel (American Eagle Tankers).
Scope of design: Single Line Diagram, block diagrams, load schedule, cable trays, arrangements, switchboard estimation, Variable Speed Drives, Telecom philosophy, Cable Schedule.
6) FEED FPSO Ichthys – subcontractor for Aker Solutions in Kristiansand (Norway).
Scope of design: Single Line Diagrams, block diagrams, load schedule, cable trays, arrangements, HV/LV switchboard size estimation (ABB MNS), MCC, UPS (Chloride, Gutor), Variable Speed Drives (ABB ACS6000, ACS800, Rockwell, Vacon), MTO list, Turret philosophy, ESD & black start philosophy, HVAC input (heat dissipation), ICSS, field instrumentation, Telecom. Main Equipment List, P&IDs review.
7) Pre-FEED Floating LNG (Cash field) for PTTEP Australasia Pty Ltd.
Scope of design: Single Line Diagram, block diagrams, power balance, electrical philosophies, etc.
8) Pre-FEED FPSO Jordbaer (Strawberry) for BG Group.
9) Maritime warranty services for AGIP KCO (IBEEV), National Oilwell Varco (Alfa Star project) and issuance certificates of approval.
08/2004– 04/2009 (five years)
Polish Register of Shipping (POLAND, Gdańsk)
Position: Plan approval engineer (Electrical and Automation)
Position: Surveyor (Hull, Machinery, EIT)
- Vice manager of Electrical and Automation Department,
- Coordinator of multipurpose heavy lift vessels built in COSCO (Dalian, China) in the scope of plan approval,
- Statutory and classification surveys on sea-going ships (certificate of competency),
- Plan approval of electrical installations and automation for ships and offshore units,
- Plan approval and commissioning for a naval ship (safety certificate confirmed by government),
- Type approval for Caterpillar, Scania, Selco, Saacke, Kongsberg, Imtech, WECS-9520, Tyco, Consilium, SAIA, Stucke, electric motors etc.
- Attending to Factory Acceptance Tests and commissioning,
- Training of surveyors in scope of electrical installations and control systems on sea-going ships and offshore structures, hazardous areas (annual and renewal surveys),
- Elaboration of classification rules, translations.
2002 – 2004 (two years)
Cork Institute of Technology (IRELAND)
Position: researcher, dept. Electronic Engineering, supervisor Tom O’Mahony
Title of the project was Industrial evaluation of model-based predictive control.
2001 (one month)
Thoresen & Moen Poland Ltd. (POLAND)
Responsibilities: service of Kongsberg products at Gdynia Shipyard, sea trails.
2000 (four months)
Interocean Ugland Management AS (OFFSHORE)
Position: ETO assistant on car carrier (m/v CARIB SUN)
Responsibilities: ship maintenance.
1999 (two months)
Apprenticeship on m/v Zenit and m/y Dar Młodzieży, I was awarded.